What is the Sports Premium?
The sports premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
More information can be found on the Department for Education website.
Purpose of funding
Schools can only spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Sports Premium at Hutton Cranswick CP School
Our school received funding this year of £17,280. Our rationale for the use of Sports Premium funding, which the Governors have agreed, are that it must be used so that:
- all children benefit regardless of sporting ability;
- the most able children are given the opportunity to compete in tournaments with other schools;
- staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development;
- some activities may be subsidised so that pupils do not miss out due to financial constraints, eg swimming;
- we make use of collaborative and partnership working.
With the above rationale in mind, and following the guidelines for how to spend this money, our initial plans for the use of the Sports Premium funding include:
- investment in the professional development of staff at our school so they are best equipped to teach high quality Physical Education and school sport for years to come. This will include providing cover to release staff for professional development in PE and sport;
- increasing the amount of competitive sport in which our children participate - running sport competitions, and increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games and inter school competitions with other local schools
- continued membership of the Driffield Sports Partnership;
- hiring qualified sports coaches to work alongside staff for short PE modules eg cricket
- working with the School Council to evaluate playground provision and fund playground markings
- encouraging our children to improve their leadership skills through sport – through sports leader initiative;
- developing the outdoor and adventurous activities element of the PE curriculum, utilising the school's own grounds and facilities;
- purchasing equipment to offer access to new sports and physical activities as relevant.
Sports Premium Action Plan 2017/18
Sports Premium Impact 2016/17